The program of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Education provided by the Academy of Future Education (AoFE) is designed to facilitate your research in educational studies so as to make significant and original contribution to human knowledge in education. PhD students at AoFE will be able to work with an experienced supervisory research team to explore a wide range of topics including but not limited to educational management and administration, child development and education, technologies in education, teaching and learning innovation, and a variety of perspectives in pedagogy.
Research Orientation Examples:
- Lifelong education and teacher development
- Child development and family education
- Student-centred educational philosophy and practice
- Management and leadership for the future of education
- Technology-driven changes in education for the future
Applicants may discuss with the PhD supervisors to specify their research interests and decide on the topics to explore for their PhD programmes.
KEY BENEFITS OF PHD STUDY AT XJTLU:
- The program has been accredited by both the British Ministry of Education and the Chinese Ministry of Education. The degree conferred is equivalent to that conferred by University of Liverpool.
- The program enrolls both full-time and part-time students.
- Every PhD student will by jointly supervised by a team of experts with at least one supervisor from Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University and one supervisor from University of Liverpool.
- Full-time PhD students can apply for a research visit to the University of Liverpool for up to three months sponsored by Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University.
- Full-time PhD students may apply for jobs like teaching assistant to enhance teaching skills and academic capacities.
- Applicants are admitted via application and there is no standard test as entrance examination.
- XJTLU boasts an internationalized campus and is featured with English-Medium Instructions.
Find out potential supervisors from Academy of Future Education.
APPLY FOR A POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP WITH YOUR OWN PROJECT
Additional scholarships are also available to candidates who wish to pursue a research degree in Academy of Future Education.
There will be two application rounds for each academic year:
First round – applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 October will be reviewed in the first round and the decision will be announced in December.
Second round – applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 April will be reviewed in the second round and the decision will be announced in June.
Go to Scholarships to find more information about how to apply for the scholarships.